BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Langley’s PORT FAIRY BOOKING SERVICE
EVERYDAY'S A HOLIDAY IN PORT FAIRY
Holiday Rentals ABN: 48 419 137 877
J & R LANGLEY
Holiday Rental Agreement
The terms and conditions of the Letting Contract is agreed by both parties as follows. This agreement protects both Guests, Owners & Agents in the event of any problems or discrepancies. On payment of the guest’s deposit it is deemed the guest accepts the “Booking Terms & Conditions” laid out forthwith.
- DEPOSIT: To secure your booking a deposit of 30% of the total tariff is required along with a non-refundable $30.00 booking fee, to be paid within 72 hours of making the booking. If we haven’t received payment within this time the booking will be automatically cancelled. The deposit is part of the total tariff payable. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, cheque, cash, & Direct Deposits. There is a 1.523% surcharge levied for the use of VISA & MASTERCARD.
- BOND: Credit card details will be held in lieu of a bond.
The guest agrees to a pre-authorisation of their credit card to be held by Langley’s Port Fairy Booking Service as a security deposit and they authorise any charges to be charged to this credit card, without notice or demand, in the event of any loss or expense arising from breach of their agreement to rent the property, their occupation of the property or damage to the property.
- CREDIT CARD TOKENIZATION: Credit card tokenization allows for guests’ card information to be saved and may be charged for booking payments, certain losses or expenses. Langley’s Port Fairy Booking Service reserve the right to further charge the credit card in relation to any items as mentioned within the Terms and Conditions.
- FINAL PAYMENT: Final payments are strictly due 28 days prior to arrival. If guests don’t want to pay the Credit Card surcharge they are reminded, they still have the option to pay via direct deposit. All direct deposits will now need to be paid into our account, so they arrive prior to 30 days of your arrival. All balances 30 days, or less, from your arrival date will be processed from the credit card held on file and will incur a 1.5% credit card surcharge. Guests should ensure that adequate funds are available to enable the account to be settled on the due date. Should funds not be available and or alternate payment arranged the booking may be cancelled subject to conditions in Para 5.
- CHEQUES: If payment is made by cheque, receipt is issued subject to such cheque being cleared. A fee for dishonoured or re-presented cheques is charged.
- CANCELLATIONS: All booking deposits paid are non-refundable. Provisions:
- All cancellations must be forwarded in writing and will incur a $100.00 administration fee.
- If your booking is cancelled 3 months or more prior to your arrival date your deposit will be refunded minus the administration fee.
- If you cancel your booking within 3 months of your arrival date any refund is subject to re-booking the premises for the same time as your booking. Refunds following cancellation may only be available if and when the period cancelled is fully rebooked for the total period and equal amount of tariff.
- Any cancellations made 30 days or less prior to your arrival will result in forfeiting all monies being the full rental and charges levied.
- A change of booking dates or a change to another property attracts the same conditions listed above.
- No refunds for early departures.
- The booking fee and any third-party commissions are not refundable.
- CHECK-IN AND VACATING TIMES: Occupation commences from 2:30 pm on the date of arrival, and the premises must be vacated by 10:00 am on the day of departure. A $40.00 per hour penalty fee will be charged for late check-outs unless prior arrangements have been organised. Anybody returning the keys after 12pm will incur a fee equivalent to 1-day rent. Late check outs are not available over peak periods or for back to back bookings.
- NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS: The property rented is to accommodate ONLY the number of persons for which there is bedding provided or the number of guests paid for and for the period stated on this receipt. The number of occupants must not exceed the number of beds. Tents, caravans or campervans etc. are NOT PERMITTED on the property. A penalty will be charged if not adhered to at the discretion of management.
- FUNCTIONS/PARTIES: No functions/parties or schoolies are permitted without the express permission of the Booking Agent. A function fee applies. A minimum penalty of $500 applies for non-compliance.
- PETS: Pets are not permitted on the premises unless otherwise stated by the agent. Pets are only permitted inside the property at the discretion of the agent and authorisation must be obtained from the agent prior. Guests who allow their pets inside the property will be charged a fee at the discretion of the Agent. Under no circumstances are pets allowed on any furnishings or on/in beds, charges will apply for noncompliance. Guests are responsible for pets bedding, food & water bowls. Guests are required to supply their own plastic bags & pick up all pet excrement & dispose of in the domestic (red) rubbish bins. There will be a fee for non-compliant guests.
- PROPERTY: The description of the accommodation by us is given in good faith, and we will not accept any responsibility for misinterpretation, particularly with regard to telephone or postal bookings. To minimize the event of this we encourage you to visit our website at www.holidayportfairy.com.au and view the accommodation.
- Our aim is to maintain a high standard of accommodation, but we must point out that these properties are privately owned and are furnished to the individual owner's standard.
- No Furniture or effects are to be removed from the Rented Premises during the booking and all furniture and effects must be left in the same position as at the commencement of the booking.
- No guarantee is given regarding TV reception or performance.
- Whilst initial provisions are supplied e.g. tea, coffee, sugar, fresh milk, soaps, shampoo, toilet paper etc. it is expected that guests will need to bring supplies depending on their length of stay.
- The Booking Agent will not be held responsible for failure of utilities and essential services such as electricity and hot water, should it cease to function. However, upon appropriate notification to the Booking Agent, every attempt will be made for appropriate action.
- The guest agrees to allow the Agent or his nominee to enter the property to arrange necessary repairs.
- Wi-Fi: Unless otherwise stated, telephone and internet access is not available at our Short Stay Rental Accommodation properties. Access to and use of Wi-Fi (where available) is subject to the terms and conditions set out below:
- The Owners will take reasonable action to provide reliable, secure and stable access to the guest Wi-Fi, but does not guarantee that the guest Wi-Fi will be continuous, fault free, secure or accessible at all times.
- The Owners will not be liable if access to the guest Wi-Fi becomes unstable, unsecured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- Should the Wi-Fi not be available due to technical or service issues NO compensation will be given.
- BOOKINGS: Bookings are accepted by us in good faith as agents for the property owners. We cannot be held responsible for actions taken by the owner of the premises or other occurrences which are outside of our control such as:
- the property is sold
- the tariff is increased prior to your occupation
- the property is altered in any way
- malfunction of the inventory articles
- the property is withdrawn from letting
- In any of these events we shall make every effort to find alternative accommodation for you.
- DOUBLE BOOKING: If a double booking occurs, (this is extremely rare but human error can occur), the first booking taken will take precedence and if available, every endeavour will be taken to find you an equivalent property within Langley’s Port Fairy Booking Service. If we have no properties available, we will do our best to outsource a property. If a property cannot be found your deposit will be refunded in full.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY: No responsibility will be accepted by us or the owners for any personal property left on or around the premises. A charge will be levied for the retrieval and forwarding of personal property left or abandoned on the Rented Premises.
- BREAKAGES, DAMAGE & LOSS: As the guest you are responsible for all damages, breakages and loss incurred during the term of your occupancy. Please notify us immediately so that we can come to an arrangement for replacement or repair. Guests already in occupancy requiring a key from the Agent or his representative after office hours will be charged a service fee of $50. Guests are liable for damage caused when doors have been forced open. If keys are lost, you will be charged a $50 replacement fee. If the keys have a garage remote attached, you will be charged a further $100. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises when locked out.
- CLEANING: The property is to be left as you found it with all dishes washed and put away and all food removed from refrigerator and cupboards. Any nauseous cleaning will incur a charge at the discretion of the management. Dishwashers are to be left empty or at least started before you vacate. A cleaning charge of $35 per hour will be incurred if this condition is not adhered to.
- BBQ’s & Gas Bottles (House & BBQ): Whilst we try to ensure there is enough gas in every bottle they do run out. This includes both BBQ bottles & house gas bottles. If either type of gas bottle runs out, please call the office on 5568 2899 to arrange replacement. The BBQ is to be left clean after your tenancy failure to clean the BBQ will result in a cleaning charge of $35 per hour.
- RUBBISH BINS: Rubbish bins are to be placed out each Sunday evening when occupying the property. There are 3 bins: The “Red” bin is for general waste, the “Yellow bin is for recycling and the “Green” bin is for garden waste. Please use the bins as appropriately indicated. Failure to place bins out or use as indicated will result in a $40.00 rubbish collection charge. If there is excess rubbish, we ask that you please remove it from the property, don’t leave it next to the bins, or risk being charged for the removal of it.
- TARIFFS: Tariffs quoted are correct at time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
- RE-BOOKING: Any re-bookings for accommodation in peak season i.e. December/January, Folk Festival, Easter must be made prior to departure. If a re-booking is not made during your stay the property will be considered available for re-letting.
- AFTER HOURS ASSISTANCE: For urgent after hours’ assistance call 0458 682 894. A call out fee may apply in these circumstances.
- BREACH: If any of the above conditions are breached, we or the owner may refuse the key, gain entry to inspect the property, amend the rent or immediately terminate your tenancy. The Booking Agent reserves the right to terminate this agreement and request that the Rental Premises be immediately vacated without any refund to the Guest in the following but not limited there to circumstances:
- causing malicious or deliberate damage to the Rented premises or untidy conduct;
- being or causing public nuisance, excessive noise or any undesirable behaviour;
- accommodation of more persons than stated on Rental Agreement;
- ignoring warnings and/or requests from the Agent; &
- continued breach of any rules set out herein.
- All Breach’s incur a $100 administration fee.
- In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including legal demand costs.
- DISCLAIMER: The Owner or Agent do not condone unsafe, unruly, irresponsible or illegal conduct/behaviour on the premises during your stay. The Owner and Agent accept no responsibility for any actions, incidents, loss, damage or injury sustained during your stay at the premises. The Guest accepts and agrees that a condition of the stay and use of facilities at the property is that all guests indemnify and agree to keep indemnified the Owner and Agent against all liability whatsoever and howsoever arising including but not limited to any actions, incidents, loss or injury sustained during their stay at the property.
- These Booking Terms & Conditions are subject to change without notice.
If you would like to be kept aware about promotions & specials, subscribe to our newsletter. We won’t spam you.